Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

birthday weekend

We had such a great weekend! My brother Jay, surprised me big time when he walked through my kitchen door Friday afternoon! He had been texting me all day, wishing me a happy birthday and asking how the day was going so I was in total shock when he walked in the house! The funny part is that everyone besides Rob and I knew so Katie was playing it up big time right before he walked in the door by jokingly saying "He is such a loser for not calling you on your birthday." It was such a good surprise! Caydin was alittle crazy all weekend but loved all the attention. Over the weekend, I definitely would NOT find my child playing with a screwdriver and go grab my camera... Afterall, he was attempting to use the screwdriver in the right way and I was totally impressed! (Grandpa changed the battery on the remote earlier in the day, Caydin watched, and definitely copied him - so funny!)
On Saturday, we went down to the pool with Daddy, Uncle Jay, and Auntie Jen. Caydin loves to play in the water but didn't really enjoy the turtle float like he did last year. He only stayed in it for about 5 minutes... then insisted on saying "bye bye tr-tr" over and over and over.

Saturday night, we headed to Kobe Steakhouse for dinner. Caydin didn't want to sit in the highchair AT ALL (kind of annoying) but luckily, we had 7 adults around to entertain him. He did spend a couple minutes watching the guy cook the food but got freaked out when the guy stacked the onion rings and set it on fire like a volcano. Go figure. We all thought it was funny that he enjoyed dipping his chopsticks in the salad dressing!
On Sunday morning, Daddy and Grandpa played a very fun game of monkey-in-the-middle with Caydin and his lovey.
Then we grilled and played out on the backporch for a long time! Caydin will occasionally want his picture taken (just so he can look at it on the camera screen) so here he is taking a picture with Grandma!

Hope your weekend was great!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment