Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Wyatt's story!


We're home!!!
We were only in the hospital for one night so I don't have a ton of pictures! {insert happy face here!}

I do, however, have a few stories to share :)

When I went for my 38 week appointment last Monday, my Dr assured me that we would have a baby by the end of the week!  Each day came and went and we were pretty sure that we wouldn't have a baby by the end of the week.  I continued to work everyday and all my coworkers shared "tricks" to get labor started! LOL! By Saturday, Rob started telling everyone that we missed our cut off date for delivery and Wyatt would have to wait until after Black Friday to come out!  Meanwhile, Aunt TeeTee made us a "Hurry up and come out" ice cream cake and delivered it Saturday morning.  She made a cake for Caydin te day before I went into labor with him so we were all hoping that her trick would work again! My dad also drove down (he originally wasn't supposed to be here until the day before Thanksgiving). 

Saturday night, we went to Logans for dinner with my parents.  We joked about the spicy wings.  Well..... early Sunday morning, my water broke while I was sleeping! AHH!
SO GROSS!  I've never seen Rob jump out of bed and be ready to go so fast! 
We called my parents who came over.  My dad stayed with Caydin and my mom came to the hospital with Rob and me. 

I was amazed by HOW FAST labor started after my water broke.  We went from having no contractions to having strong ones every few minutes in no time!  (Thats the best part about water breaking at home - you can skip all the contraction pains at home - at least I did!)

I wasn't so much liking the nurse who checked us in..  She didn't move fast enough for me!  I felt like the Triage part took FOREVER, I was ready for a room so I could get my epidural! LOL.  After about an hour, we finally got moved to our room and I got my epidural right after.  They checked me a few minutes later and I was already at 5 cm.  The sun was coming up so we played around and talked for awhile.  Rob found this silly app on his phone.  My rule of no laughing (because it hurt!) went out the window.  How can you not laugh at this?!?


I was checked again around 9 am and was ready to go - but had to wait another 45 minutes for my 2nd round of meds to kick in... I tested positive for Strep with Wyatt.  Meanwhile, my sister finally got there - she brought McDonalds for my mom and Rob... I was soo jealous of the smell!  They told me that waiting wasn't actually a bad thing... because baby should come out faster when you sit at 10 cm for awhile. 
At 10, we were ready to push!  They had to tell me when to push because I couldn't feel anything.  After about 7 rounds of pushing, Wyatt was born!  He was born at 10:35 am.  I got to hold him for a long time right after he was born before they took him to weigh him and clean him off. 



I ran a small fever for a few minutes so we had to stay in the labor room for awhile.  We all got to hold and love on Wyatt.  He also got his first bottle.  He sucked that thing down, which didn't surprise us - afterall, he came out weighing 8 pounds, 6 ounces!  Our CHUNKY guy for sure!!!

We got to our room between 1 and 2 pm and were able to order some lunch while Wyatt got his first bath.  Everyone came up to visit after Caydin's nap at home.  He kept calling Wyatt "baby, baby" and was very excited to see him.  We had a great (and short!!!) hospital stay and came home Monday after lunch!



We love him soooo much already! 
More pictures coming soon!!!

2 comments:

  1. having your water break is the best way to have a baby. ;)
    and how crazy is it that all 3 of us tested pos. for group b the second time?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the story & pictures!! Congrats family of 4!!!

    ReplyDelete