Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Caydin's school work and update!

I've been slacking in the schoolwork department....  I've missed a bunch of letters! My goal is to catch up but chances are likely that I never will! So with that being said, Caydin did the letter X this week.  On Monday, he made a picture of an x-ray using chalk and black paper.
(I'll post that soon!)

Today, he worked on writing the letter X.  He is starting to be more interested in drawing with crayons and markers.  He will sit for 5-10 minutes at a time and focus on his papers.  He's really into drawing lines, circles, and "check marks".  He asks us daily to draw him garbage trucks and dump trucks and tow trucks! :)  The second picture is his tracing practice sheet - he wasn't so into that one I guess!

 His class newsletter.  I laughed when I saw his work because the first thing I saw was a cookie decorated with frosting and sprinkles.  Then my mom mentioned that they are working on the food pyramid!! WAIT - food pyramid.... and cookies!!!....  I didn't think eating healthy and cookies with frosting/sprinkles went together but today they did! LOL!  You can see his food groups and the dates on his newsletter. :)  **You know, just in case you want to know when he'll be studying meats or grains. :)  I took a picture of his cookie but it didn't load right so I'll try it again tomorrow!  
 And finally..... another project.  I'm not sure what it goes with and neither is Caydin (obviously, they were doing some symmetry!) but I told Caydin that we'd turn it into a butterfly tomorrow.  He of course said "Why??" LOL!
We have been searching for another preschool program to put Caydin in.  I think we've finally found one.  I've been looking for a place that has a preschool AND has a VPK for him to transition into next year.  If we enroll him at the new preschool, he'll go for 4 hours a day, twice a week.  (Rob is excited that he will have a snack and lunch menu so we won't have to pack a lunch!)  He'll start VPK in August and be one of the younger kids in the class since the cut-off day in September 1st.  If we switch him soon, he'll get to know the school, teachers, and other kids and switch into VPK with all of them in August.  We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment