Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

My little guy is growing up... {insert sad face here}

On Saturday, I got to meet my friend's sweet, strong, amazing twins (a boy and a girl). The babies were born on Thanksgiving day weighing only 1.6 and 1.7 pounds and only got to spend roughly 25-ish weeks in their mama's tummy. On Saturday, they weighed in at 2 pounds 10 oz and are doing excellent. I must be honest, I've never visited a NICU before. {insert funny story here: you have to scrub your arms/hands/fingers really good with this sponge/brush thing before going into the NICU area. I jumped up to the sink first and started scrubbing away... There was an older lady next to me at the sink going crazy with the scrub, scrub, scrub.... so I... being the newbie that I am... followed along. I mean, she seriously spent 5 minutes on EACH FINGER. Tara, the baby mama, looks at me like 5 minutes after starting the ol' scrub job, laughs, and says... "You really don't have to do all that.. You don't get to the touch the babies anyways." Urgh... I really just wanted to give my hands a super cleaning... really!} The picture above is sweet Ms. Abigail, snuggled up and sleeping inside her "room."
Then I went home to this guy, looked at him and was amazed by how much bigger he looked... then some 2 hours before. There's nothing like seeing a little-itsy-bitsy 2 pounder to make you realize that you're own child is all GROWN UP. Well almost.
Here Caydin is with his new Milk cups. We were having trouble gettig him to drink milk from his other sippy cups. He has always used his sippy cups for juice so when we started giving him a sippy cup of milk... he didn't want anything to do with it. SO, we got him some new ones and only put milk in there and he loves them!
He also loves to drink juice out of juice boxes. It literally takes him 2 minutes to drink the whole box. He is fast!
In true Monkey fashion, he has learned to climb into the car on his own and LOVES the driver seat. Like all good drivers, he ALWAYS wears a seatbeat. Now, if this picture doesn't make you realize that our once-little-baby is all grown up... I don't know what will!

No comments:

Post a Comment