Pages

Saturday, November 21, 2009

T H A N K F U L

As Thanksgiving approaches, I feel the need to reflect on what I'm thankful for... afterall, I've made my students write day after day about being thankful and what it means to be thankful. It's only fitting that I do the same thing.

Most of my student's said they were thankful for their mom and dad, food, teacher (I may or may not of MADE them say that), God, school, dinosaur toys, bikes, etc, and I must say that I agree with them. It was very hard to get them to understand that they need a reason to be thankful for those things (well maybe not God but the rest). I would ask over and over "Why are you thankful for those things?" They have been taught by others and by family that they SHOULD be thankful without any real understanding for WHY they are thankful. Interesting, huh? Anyways, some of my kids understood the concept of WHY... while it will take longer for others.. I guess that is to be expected since most of them are only 6! Okay, reflection on school.... DONE.

First, I am thankful for Caydin. I'm thankful that he is happy and healthy, smart and funny, outgoing and entertaining. He is, by far, the coolest {now 16 month old} kid I've ever met. He turns all my bad days into good days and doesn't even realize it.

I'm thankful for my family. My mom takes her Grandma duties very seriously! Without her around on a daily basis, Caydin would be in daycare, I would have no clean clothes, and we'd probably all go hungry (it's really not as bad as I'm making it sound - haha). My dad and his never ending reminders to update my blog and check on my Farmville animals. ***Update, his reminders are very helpful and I don't see it as nagging (haha), for without them, you lovely people would have no clue whats going on with Caydin and my cows would be turned over, mooing for someone to come milk them. For that, I am thankful!**** I'm thankful for my sister and brothers.

I'm thankful for my job and the coworkers that help me throughout the day. I'm even thankful for my students (though you might not guess that some days). I'm thankful that something as simple as a praise or an M&M can make my students so happy and encourage them to keep learning.

I'm thankful for my friends who make my days more interesting and fun.

I'm thankful for this little guy. (oh wait, did I say that already??)

I'm thankful for the house we live in and the things we have. I'm thankful for the food we eat and clothes we wear. (I realize that I stopped giving reasons for everything... but seriously, this blog would be a waaaaaay too long if I had to list all that!)

I'm thankful for the great temperatures and sunny days. I'm not sooo thankful for the cold I seem to be getting right now, but that is beside the point.

I'm thankful for who I am now (you know, the pretty cool, smart, great looking person that I am --- but I'm not cocky or anything...) I need to end my thankful list before it gets out of hand. Haha.
BUT did I mention that I'm super duper muper thankful for this handsome (Uncle Josh look-alike) little guy? 'cause I am!
*****UPDATE******
I would also like to add that I am thankful for my sister's new washer and dryer (which will be delivered this week sometime). You see, she got the big ones that wash comforters and blankets. Last time I brought my queen sized comforter to the dry-cleaners... I about died when I had to pay for it.
But the real reason why I am thankful is this..... I was eating my half-baked Ben and Jerry's chocolate ice cream this afternoon while laying in bed and reading a book.... and what do I do??? Yes, I dropped the spoon onto the comforter!!!! So thank you Katie (and mom) for buying a machine that will get the chocolate off without spending a million bucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment