Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Our Autotrain experience!

I think I mentioned this before but my mom and I refused to drive home from Virginia with Caydin in the car! So instead, we drove the car to the Lorton train station and took an Amtrak AutoTrain back to Florida! Here is my mom and Caydin as we were checking in at the train station. Check in time was around 2 pm on Wednesday, the train left at 4 pm. We arrived in Sanford Florida around 9:30 am on Thursday!The train had 2 levels and you could choose to either get a coach seat {similiar to a plane seat} or you could choose to get a sleep-in room. We did a sleep-in room.

Super skinny hallway! We did many-a-walks in this hallway!
Caydin quickly mastered the closet door {please note, the closet could barely hold 2 shirts on a hanger!}This is the best view of the room I have! Our bags are on the seat {good sized seat}. At night, that blue couch/seat folds down to make a bed {alittle larger than a twin}.
The beige color thing near my mom's head is the second bed that also was folded down at night. Behind my mom is the sink that when turned on, sprayed and splashed everyone in the room! You can see how skinny the room is! My mom is hardly bending over yet her backside is touching the sink! Next to the sink is another small chair and on the side is the bathroom {airplane style bathroom}.

Caydin enjoyed the pull out table. You can't see it, but there is a sign on the table that says "Do not sit or lean against table". OOPS! It didn't mention anything about climbing on... so I guess we were ok! Getting Caydin to take a nap was HARD {not the capital letters}. He is sooo used to his pack and play or his bed that napping on mom or grandma's lap was nearly impossible! By the time we got him to nap, it was almost time to wake him up to go to dinner! Luckily, granny decided to wash her hands at the sink and sprayed him with water... that woke him up!!!
...looking soooo sweet and innocent!!!!

Here is Caydin checking out the top bunk. It was soooo tiny that not even Caydin could stand up straight! He tried many, I mean MANY, times to stand up but couldn't! His poor little head!

We ate dinner {dinner was steaK!!!!} and breakfast {bagels, muffins, cereal} on the train plus a snack of fruit and crackers. They had a lounge car for movie watching but we didn't go. Maybe next time??
I now tell people that I probably would not take a 1 year old {at least, not an active walking 1 year old} on the autotrain again. There were a TON of families on there though! It worked out much better than driving in the car and we did get a couple hours of sleep! I think Caydin will do much much better when he is alittle older!

These photos were taken at the autotrain playground in Lorton! How cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment