Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Our Saturday

I thought I'd write down our day (or as much of it as I can remember!) so that we can see what/how much really changes after Wyatt joins the family in a few months (ONLY 2 MONTHS LEFT!).  We spent the majority of the day at home so it was an easy day to document!  :) 

Caydin says the funniest things sometimes but I always forget what he says by the time I sit down to blog!   Here goes:

Our Day!

3:45 am: Caydin wakes up to potty and goes right back to sleep in his bed after.
6 am: Daddy wakes up and starts getting ready for work.
6:50 am: Daddy leaves (I think - I was still asleep!)
8:13 am: Caydin, his mommy elephant lovey, and baby elephant lovey come crawl into bed with me and says "We go to bookstore now. The sun come up."  (I told him last night that mommy would take him - I want to look for some pre-school workbooks - the tracing and cutting ones and Caydin wants to get the "I'm Dirty" construction truck book.  Yes, he already knows exactly what book he wants.)
8:15 am: I turn on the Disney channel and we watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (a space episode). 
8:32 am: Caydin tells me, "I want milk.  I really really thirsty."  I tell him to go potty first while I get the milk.  He tells me "You go potty. I get the milk."  I said ok :)  2 seconds later, he comes back and says "I can't get milk. It get all messy."  So, he went potty instead and I got the milk.
8:45 am: Breakfast time.  Cocoa puffs for both of us.
9:01 am: Caydin announces that he has to go "poop"
9:12 am: Caydin announces that he is all done.  What a mighty job he did too....
9:19 am: After a few minutes of playing with his dump truck and a "Mommy, your a potty" conversation,  we finished breakfast.
9:42 am: We did some letter/number practice using the computers keyboard.  Then we had a funny conversation about lovey.  First lovey didn't want one of Caydin's chez-it crackers.  Then Caydin said that lovey was crying and needed a hug.  I said lovey was all better but Caydin said she had a boo-boo.  I asked where and he said that lovey's eye was hurt because he was trying to do a roll in the grass and a bug bite his eye.  Too cute.  Then he used lovey like a tissue and wiped snot all over it.  Lovely.
10:30 am: I'm showered and dressed.  Caydin doesn't want to get dressed.  He says he's working.  Working where? Our master shower.  He's got his tools in there and everything.  Must be really broken... he's been in there for a few minutes now!

10:54 am: I'm pretty sure the shower is "fixed" because now Caydin is using an empty wipe container to bring me all his cars.  Each time, he comes into the room, he says "I have a present for you!" with a big ol' smile on his face.  What could be better than cars?
11:15 am: We head out to B&N.  Caydin was so anxious to look at all the books.  He would grab one, sit down on the floor, look at it, then put it back if he didn't like it (or if it didn't have cars in it!)  We ended up picking a birthday gift for Caydin's buddy, 2 books for Caydin, and 2 workbooks for practicing cutting/pasting and letter writing.
12:30 pm:  Caydin was getting really sleepy in the car but wanted to stop at Grandma's to show her his books.  We stayed and ate sandwiches for lunch.  I tried out our edible markers on Caydin's sandwich - I wrote "C's on each of his little squares.  He thought they were neat and said "A lot of C's!" when I showed it to him. :) 
1:00 pm: Caydin watched a Bob the Builder show during lunch and then took a nap at Grandma's. I stayed at Grandma's too and graded some school papers. 
3:38 pm: I wake Caydin up from nap.  He wakes up happy and wants to play with his FisherPrice animals and read his new books.  He asks Mommy to read one and Grandma to read the other.
4:15 pm: We head home to see Daddy.  Caydin yells "surprise!!!" as we walk in the door.  Then pays Rob no attention and is off to play in his room. 
5:30 pm: I'm pretty sure I start to snooze on the couch.  I get woken up when Rob says, "He's eating another one??!!" in reference to Caydin stealing about orange slice candy.  Yup, thats how we roll. 
6 pm: Caydin asks me to read his new book again.  So I do.  Twice.
6:15 pm: Caydin unzips our couch pillow and starts taking the white flufft stuff out.  Rob is in total football mode and says, "Stop. Time out!"  He was just trying to get Caydin to stop but Caydin started to cry and went right to his time-out spot.  Poor kid.  Caydin has never done that before so he wasn't so much in trouble as Rob just wanted to him to stop.  Rob explained why we aren't allowed to take the stuffing out of the pillows.  I sat on the other couch and laughed as Caydin asked 15 times "WHY?"
7 pm:  It's finally cool enough to play outside on the pouch for awhile. :)  Caydin does an awesome job with putting his basketball in the hoop.  It's the cutest thing, he gets really really excited when he makes it and bows his head and says "ahh, I missed." when he misses.  What an actor.  I tried to throw the ball in the hook from where I was sitting... and missed EVERY SINGLE TIME.  Caydin thought that was funny.  Rob came out and grilled hamburgers for our dinner.  We talked about baby brothers name - Caydin still wants to call him Arwen when we ask him what his brother's name is...
 
7:45 pm: We ate late tonight! Not that it matters, we snacked on junk food all afternoon.  :)  Caydin and I sat at the table and ate our burgers with some pear slices.  Caydin asked for his fiber gummies and "superman gummy".  He told Daddy that he was getting muscles and a big fat tummy.  Rob laughed.
8:39 pm: Bathtime - woohoo for no crying at bathtime tonight! Some nights, he is a big pain to put in the bath... he never seems to want to stop playing.
9:05 pm:  Ducky comes out of the bath and gets jammies on.... which just consists of a pair of underweat and a PJ top (he prefers his Lightning McQueen or Thomas PJ shirt).  No shorts - it takes too much effort to pull them down in the middle of the night! :)  Plus, Caydin now will say, "I no want to wear shorts"
9:20 pm: Milk, story, more football.
9:40 pm: Bedtime!


No comments:

Post a Comment