Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Caydin learns the letter Q!

Last week at class, Caydin learned about the letter Q.  On his first day of class, they made quilts. 
They practiced lacing (obviously we need to work on this skill! :P  )  He left it at school so my mom took a picture of it with her phone when she picked him up.  He really enjoys going and is learning a lot fun the class.  I hear him randomly saying the letter Q when he is talking but he still mixes up the Q with an O when he sees it in writing.  At home this week, we worked on cutting with scissors.  Caydin is very much a left handed kid.  I really need to look for a left-handed scissor for him.  We worked on cutting in a straight line.  You can see how much he was focusing because his little tongue is hanging out of his mouth! LOL!  He doesn't like me to show him how to hold the scissors correctly.  He'll tell me "It's my job." or "I do it by myself." but he did listen when I told him where to put his fingers half of the time!  I always cut with my thumb pointing to the ceiling but Caydin wants to point his thumb to the table.  I'm not sure if thats a left-handed thing...


 On Thursday, they worked on writing the letter Q.  We need to work on that too! :P  They made another "quilt" with glitter and stickers and worked on the Leap Pads.   Isn't his coloring wonderful???


No comments:

Post a Comment