Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Caydin's going to be a BIG BROTHER!!!!


Yup, it's true! Caydin is going to be a big brother sometime in late November or early December!  He can hardly contain his excitement! :)  Kidding of course, he doesn't understand that there is even a baby in mommy's belly.  We've talked to him about it and it is soooo funny to see him try to process the information.  Usually he says that he has a baby in his belly too.  Today, our conversation went like this:

Caydin: "Daddy, where did water go?" (Rob and Caydin had been sharing a glass of water.)

Rob: "The water is in my belly."

Caydin: "Water in my belly too."

Me: "What's in mommy's belly?"

Caydin: "Water in mommy's belly."

Me: "Is there a baby in mommy's belly."

Caydin: "Yes, baby in water."

Me: "What is the baby doing in the water?"

Caydin: "Baby jump in the water."
Alrighty then. Hahaha.  I thought he had pretty good reasoning though. :)

I didn't document my pregnancy with Caydin much.  We did pictures about a month before he was born but other than that, we don't have much.  Caydin was a surprise baby, definitely not a planned baby, so I wasn't super excited about having him at the beginning.  He grew on me though.  I mean, he grew in me. :) I was hardly ever sick with Caydin and I stayed very small until the end.  I only gained 25ish pounds with Caydin.  I'm a little nervous with this new baby because Caydin's pregnancy/birth/newborn stage was soooooo easy.  ;)

But we are both very excited about this new little one.  We weren't really "trying" to have a baby, but we decided we weren't going to prevent one either.   We found out about baby bean on March 28th (with a test done at home!) I was on spring break from school and so I had the whole week to let it sink in.  Rob was very excited, so excited that he answered my phone with my mother called that same day and announced that we were having a baby before even saying hello.  Then he handed the phone to me and ran away.  My mom was totally confused!  She didn't believe it at first but we told her the next day that it was true.

We had our first appointment on May the 9th.  Our doctor (same one we had with Caydin - I really like him) gave us a due date of November 27th.  My starting weight with this little one is 127 pounds.  I'm interested to see if I get bigger this time around.  Belly size wise, I'm definitely bigger!  I asked about hearing the heartbeat and my doctor warned me that it might still be too soon to hear anything but he said he was try.  I got to hear the baby's heartbeat as soon as the doctor put the machine to my belly, it was very loud and very clear! :)  The doctor was very happy with it, in the 170's.

Since my last appointment, I've had a few days of yuckiness.  More than I had with Caydin but not crazy bad.  Certain smells make me feel sick right away and I always want pizza things - breadsticks, begal bites, and hot pockets.  At night, I HAVE to have a glass of milk (and I'm not much of a milk person!)

We head to the doctor again on this Monday (June 6th). 

And now for new baby's first belly picture!
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I knew it after I saw this pic from the last post... :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wanted milk with Gavin. Milk, ice cream, cheese, milkshakes. Dairy. And I don't like that stuff, ever! These kiddos were meant to be bestests! (even if they'll be a year and half apart) ;) Love you all and congrats again!

    ReplyDelete