Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Potty Training Day 3 and 4!

Potty training is going very well!

I've found that Caydin does something different in the bathroom each day!

On Sunday, I was soooo sure that Caydin had no bladder control - why would he... you don't need one for diapers!

On Monday, we saw alittle bit of light at the end of the tunnel since he finally used it a few {as in 3 - I was still cleaning up the floor A LOT!} times but I was still sure he had no bladder control since he never could tell me when he needed to go or give me any warning.

On Tuesday, Caydin had a magical bladder!  He would hold everything in for hours and hours! In the morning, he hold it all in for 3 hours.  Poor thing, I made him sit on the potty almost all morning because I was SURE he had to go.  He had trouble figuring out if he actually had to go or not.  He would sit on the potty and tell his peepee to come out.  So cute, in a gross sorta way!  He didn't have an accident all day though so we headed to Target for a new toy! GO CAYDIN! 
**Funny story: At bathtime, Caydin was having trouble figuring out if he had to peepee or not.  I eventually told him that he would take a bath and to tell us if he had to go.  I also told him not to "go" in the water.  Well, that stinker actually shot his peepee out of tub, so it didn't go in the water, onto the tile floor.  Rob was pretty amazed.  I was too.

Today (Wednesday), we attempted to go out a few times.  I have a really hard time staying home all day! You'd think our house would be spotless but its actually more a mess now than it is when I'm working!  I'm that lazy! :) He had 1 accident at both places we went today.  He also wet the bed for the first time during naptime.  His new thing today has been grabbing at himself ALL DAY LONG.  Usually, I use that sign as well as him pacing around on his tiptoes as the sign for he needs to go now! But he did it all evening long!  So I took him to the bathroom all evening long!  While at a friends this evening, he used the bathroom 4 times in a 2 hour period AND had 1 accident!  Geez!  I am so proud of him though because he didn't have any problems going once on the potty today and I didn't feel like I spent 3/4 of the day in the bathroom for the first time in a few days! :)

We haven't used a diaper since Saturday (besides his nighttime diaper at bedtime) and I'm pretty proud of us for sticking with it.  Caydin was so sweet today when he brought his extra diapers (note - size 5!) to baby Arwen.  He understands that big boys and girls where underwear and babies wear diapers and he was determined to give his extras to Arwen!  I'm curious to see what potty training adventures we come across tomorrow!

And now for pictures!
 Daddy gave Caydin a new truck the first time he went on the potty!  Caydin was soo soo soo excited! 
Happy Big Boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment