Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2009

{School}

It's not often that you get on my blog to find a post about my days at school. Mainly because the blog is dedicated to all things Caydin... and alittle bit because I don't always enjoy my days at school. Having 20 6/7 year olds in a classroom all day can be exhausting if you know what I am. BUT I'm now on my two week winter vacation so I, of course, think teaching is AWESOME right now. Seriously, what other job gives you a winter vacation and the summer off, not to mention all the little holidays inbetween.
On Thursday, we celebrated making it half way through the school year with a holiday party. The kids were so excited and so eager to do fun things. Probably because I've been threatening to cancel the party all week if they didn't stop all the talking (hehe).
So we celebrated with pizza and movies, chips and drinks, fun winter activities and lots of talking. The big hit of the party this year was making gingerbread houses out of icing, graham crackers, and candy. Check out some of their creations! None of them looked like a gingerbread house but they all had fun making a mess and eating as they worked!




(check out the amount of candy on top! - WOW!)

My personal favorite... seriously! What 7 year old thinks to make a car out of a broken graham cracker?!?! The little boy who made this is also one of the lowest in my class and struggles with reading and math daily. It amazed me to see how focused and determined he was to make his gingerbread house and create this car. Now if only all of my days could be filled with activities like this that can keep him focused and help him learn!

I'm pretty sure that I shouldn't post pictures of my kids doing all these fun things... for safety and privacy reasons but you can get a good idea of the craziness and fun that went on in my class on Thursday. And see all those presents with the bows on top?!?!

One of my EXCELLENT parents got gifts for every student and wrote a card/letter from Santa. She dropped them off when the kids were at Special areas so everyone was super excited to see the gifts and read the letter (telling them to be good) after they got back. I had already given the kids my gifts for them so they really did believe that the gifts were from Santa and not from me.






No comments:

Post a Comment