Pages

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Wishing Everyone



....a happy 4th of July!!!
Caydin's last "FIRST" holiday.

Daddy bought fireworks... We had a 50 dollar limit agreement and lets just say.... Rob forgot it as soon as he walked into the fireworks store. He loves fireworks though so I should of known better than to let him go get them on his own! Oh well.
Caydin was NOT a fan of the fireworks. Rob did a couple small ones before the sun went down and Caydin wanted nothing to do with it. Then he did 2 big ones right before Caydin's bedtime and he hated them even more! It took an hour to get him to go to sleep tonight (mainly because the neighbors were doing fireworks too).
******Like the frame in the background with no pictures????!!!! HAHA

Caydin's 4th of July outfit was a super cute little swimsuit and shirt so of course, we had to take him to the pool. Caydin misses all the little kids at the resort swimming pool plus the water is colder here so he wasn't quite as happy but we still had a good time. I am thankful we were there because I happened to notice another little boy, age 2, drowning in the water and pulled him out before anything serious happened. I am amazed that his family, which included children swimming right where he was drowning plus 7 - 8 adult relatives did not notice that the little boy had fallen into the water. The crazy thing is that Rob and I were just standing around on the other side of the pool, holding Caydin and splashing with him, and we were talking about floaties for babies and how I read someone's blog where it talked about how they never use them because they DON'T want to feel a false security. Makes sense to me. We don't let Caydin just hang out in the pool with floaties on (he doesn't have any) or even hang out alone when he is in his turtle float. We are always right next to him. Then I turned around and see the little boy in the pool, face down still kicking one leg. We didn't notice him fall in either. I was holding Caydin at the time and I'm yelling to the other kids, asking if he is supposed to be in the water as I moved closer. They look at me like I'm nuts. I'm yelling "HELLO" to the kids family and nobody even looks (they can't hear me over the music they are playing). So I finally get to the little guy and grab him by the arm and flip him over (I was still holding Caydin too). Another family started yelling and FINALLY the boys family looks up and come get him. He was coughing up water but otherwise OKAY. Man, my heart was beating fast!!!
The little boys uncle later says to us that he lost another nephew a few years ago to drowning in the pool. We were SHOCKED. If you have had something that terrible happen to another child, you would think that they would be more careful with their other children.
ANYWAYS, we are happy that everything turned out ok and the little boy is safe. We could of had a very bad situation happen but luckily, it was just a scare. Hopefully that family will be more careful in the future.
So, watch your children when they are swimming!!!!!!!
Ok, done venting!

Happy 4th of July!

2 comments:

  1. Visiting you via blog hop :) Nice pictures! I love tha all grown up look with sunglasses in the pool. I am a mom to a 4 year old girl who I still think about as my "baby". LOL! Enjoy being a mom. They grow fast.
    Don't be shy of stopping by;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos!

    I’m Blog Hopping! Hope you have a happy and safe 4th of July weekend.

    Please stop by Lin's Duck and Wheel With String to vote for me, Lola, in her First Official Dork-Off Contest. Vote for my photo, because my kindergarten photo is THE dorkiest.

    http://duckandwheelwithstring.blogspot.com/2009/07/first-official-dork-off.html

    Thanks!
    Lola

    http://lolasdiner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete