Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Zoo Trip

Now that we've mastered Caydin's nap schedule - we are finding it easier and easier to do FUN THINGS! He quit taking 2 naps a day a couple weeks ago (over my spring break - of course) so we've been working on pushing his morning nap back a couple hours! He used to go to sleep on 11 am - regardless of the time he woke up, so that made it hard to get out and do anything. Now, he takes his (only) nap around 1 pm. He wakes up between 3 and 4 and is just the happiest little guy ever! SO ANYWAYS, today, we headed out to the zoo again alittle after 9 and had a lot of fun! The zoo is pretty empty in the mornings, even on the weekends. Caydin hung out in his stroller for alittle while and then did a great job of walking while holding someone's hand the rest of the time. He hardly asked me to hold him (only asked when he wanted to see something), which is HUGELY different from our trip a couple weeks ago. It was an all-around good trip. Caydin still will not go into the splash area. He did touch the water when I told him too, but didn't enjoy it much. When I'd put him down, he'd run away from the water. Rob and I were talking about this tonight and I really think he has a fear of water being dumped on him (the splash area has a pole that pours water into buckets and then dumps it onto the kids below). He doesn't like water poured on his head in the bathtub and hates even more if the water goes down his face. I was beginning to think that he would hate water this summer but LOVED playing in his new pool this afternoon... but thats a whole 'nother post! "Wow" says Caydin. This cat was waiting for her lunch when I took this picture! I thought about... you know... getting a closer picture but... you know... I didn't want to BE her lunch.
We got to see an Elephant show. Caydin was very interested!
Here is Mod, the 36 year old elephant. He/she is pretty cool. He stands on stools, pushes a log, stands on one leg, lays down, goes swimming, smiles... etc.
Mod even does this!!!

After a choo-choo ride and a carousel ride (Caydin's first and I didn't even take a picture cause I was too busy making sure he didn't... you know... fall off the carousel. - SHAME on me!) Caydin was TIRED so we headed home around 1!
Monkey slept the entire way home and then stayed asleep until almost 4 pm!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment