Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Little Monster

While we were at the beach, everyone started to notice that Caydin was picking up and putting in his mouth ALL of his puffs. In fact, at times he didn't want anyone to put them in his mouth - he wanted to do it himself. So tonight with dinner, I made up a bag of mixed vegetables and put some on Caydin's highchair tray. Being the worried mom that I am, I took away the green beans (they seemed so big to me) and the corn (they seemed hard to chew) and just gave Caydin the peas and carrots.
I mixed puffs in there too.
Well, Caydin went right for the puffs and skipped the peas and carrots. He would touch them but would not pick them up so I started to sneak them into his mouth whenever he'd put a puff in!

He liked the peas more than the carrots, which surprised me because he doesn't like the baby food peas.

Look at that almost empty tray!
Mommy got brave at the end and even put a green bean on Caydin's tray.. HE PICKED IT UP!
Little guy surprises me everyday.


Now for another big SURPRISE!!!!
Anyone who has been to my house knows that I have been too cheap to go buy a baby gate. Instead, I use a big PINK suitcase. Caydin loves the zippers on the suitcase and loves to toss things over onto the kitchen floor tile. It was also the perfect height for him to watch Rob or I do whatever in the kitchen. It has been working at great... until today...
So, just to set up the story, Caydin was in his play room while I was hanging up some clothes in my closet. The gate, I mean suitcase, was up to keep him in the one room.
I'm hanging and hanging and listening to Caydin make noises and hanging some more and then... the little monster walks into my closet. I say to him, "HOW DID YOU GET IN HERE???"
Of course, he didn't answer so I had to go investigate. I found the suitcase knocked over on its side...

So I put Caydin back in his playroom, put the suitcase back up the right way, and watched...
And this is what the little monster did...


The little booger knocked the suitcase over....

...and climbed over!


He used the wall to help stand up! {I was freaking out!!!!}

Then he looked at me and smiled.
No way was I going to let him continue this little monster stunt so I put the camera down and pulled him off of the suitcase.
{So much for hanging up laundry =) }

2 comments:

  1. haha! (and for green beans, I pull them in half, then give them to Landen. makes me feel better. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete