Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

1st day of Kindergarten

Little man was up early this morning! He kept telling me he was scared to go to kindergarten. After breakfast and getting dressed, we headed outside to take those famous "first day of school" pictures.
I am so excited to have a car buddy come with me this year! Caydin was mainly excited about looking for construction trucks!

Once we got to school, Caydin said hello to all the teachers/staff he knew then headed to the lunchroom for more breakfast! He wanted chocolate milk but of course chocolate milk is only given out during lunch. Not to worry though, Caydin was treated like a king and the lunchroom manager snuck him a chocolate milk anyways. Caydin was so excited about that!  After his 2nd breakfast,  he headed off to class.... and left his lunchbox in the lunchroom!  Good thing mommy works at the same school.  I happened to see his lunchbox sitting on a cart and happily returned it to him (I'm pretty sure he did it on purpose to give me an excuse to check in on him!)

He had a great day though!  After school he told me he was sad because the class ran out of time and didn't get to "hand paint". I asked him if he meant  fingerpaint but he said no because he paints with his hands. .. not his fingers! He also told me his table got in trouble for sliding his lunchbox back and forth.  He defended himself by saying he was sharing his lunchbox and that nice kindergarteners know how to share.  HA!


Caydin didn't finish his Kissing Hand project at school so we finished it at home.  Wyatt wanted to join in the fun and after helping Caydin for a few minutes,  we got him out his own coloring book and they worked for a long time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment