Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

School update!

Caydin is enjoying his class at school.  They have been doing lots of holiday activities lately!  One of his teachers made these crayons for all the kids - Caydin really likes coloring with it.... I take that back... He really likes asking me to draw things for him!!!
 At school, they made Christmas trees and added popcorn as a decoration.  They talked about how people used to decorate trees with popcorn in the past.  They have also been working on triangles and numbers at school this week.  It's so fun to hear my child count with me... you know..  when I'm doing the whole "If I get to 5, you are going to time out..." method..  It goes something like this... "Caydin, I want the toys in your room before I get to five.. ONE.. (Then you hear Caydin say TWO) Then I say TWO (and you hear Caydin yell THREE)... It's great fun!
He counts to 20 pretty much all the time now and recognizes a few of the numbers under 10. 
 At home, we've been doing some activities with Christmas related clipart.  We've been sorting wreaths by their size (small, medium, and large) and have been putting numbers in order to create a picture.  We've been talking about letters again and are starting over with the letter Aa - we talk about the letter, sound, and practice writing it!!  We usually do "school" activities during/after dinner.  Caydin enjoys the one-on-one time and is learning at the same time.  Win-win!

No comments:

Post a Comment