Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Big Day!

July 4th, 2011

We kept baby boy's gender a secret for a few days and invited a few close friends and some family over to reveal it!  I was so excited about our 4th of July baby cake!
And here is baby boy at 19 weeks!

July 1st, 2011


Today, after nap, Caydin was making thunder sounds and jumping on my lap to "hide". I had to remind him to be careful because he always wants to lift up by pushing on my belly. I asked him if he remembered what is in my belly and he very quickly said "a baby!" and pulled up my shirt. I asked him what he thought baby was doing in mommy's belly and he responded that baby was "playing with baby toys." Then he did something that surprised me! He took the USB cord for my camera (that was sitting on the couch next to us) and tried to stick it in my belly button. LOL! I asked him what he was doing. He told me he wanted to "see baby". So cute!

June 28th, 2011


Today was a big day! We had our first ultrasound to see baby #2. We've already been able to hear the baby's heartbeat at the doctor's office twice but were excited to actually get to see him! We measured in at 18 weeks and 2 days on the day of the ultrasound. With Caydin, we got to see him for the first time at 14 weeks so it was a longer wait with baby #2.... not that we noticed - Caydin keeps us busy everyday!

Baby measured great and the tech was able to get good pictures at the beginning. Baby must of gotten bored because he started to hide about half way through. Not cool, kid, not cool. The tech really wanted her pictures so she used the ultrasound wand to wiggle my belly all over the place, which was fine the first 3 times she did it..... Not so fine the last 20 times she did it.

Did I mention that baby is a BOY???

Definitely a boy! Of course, we were hoping for a girl in the family but we are so so excited about another boy. Another mama's boy, I hope!!!! I can just imagine all the matching outfits! HA! Christmas is going to be fun this year! :)

Baby boy weighed 9 oz and is roughly the size of a mango.

No comments:

Post a Comment