Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Big Bed News (and pictures of Lowry Park!)

I have so much to blog about.... and tons of pictures from last weekend to share.  I'm glad that we have had a slow weekend this weekend.  We all needed the rest and relaxation.  (Well I know I did! Rob had to work this weekend so I'm sure he's not feeling the same way!)

The biggest news this weekend is that we finally converted Caydin's crib into a toddler bed.  We I planned to change it over at the beginning of Spring Break but Caydin wasn't sleeping well that week and had trouble falling asleep at night.  Some nights, he was awake until 11 or later! It was crazy! We changed his naptime around, mainly by making it shorter and making sure he went down for nap earlier and he hasn't had any problems since.

Rob was a bit against changing over his bed.  Caydin has never tried to get out of his crib and seems to love it very much.  I, on the other hand, was starting to worry that he'd still be in a crib at 4 or 6 or even 7. Hahaha!  So while Rob was closing at work last night, I asked my dad to change over the bed. 

Caydin got a new car pillow case for his pillow and we changed out his bed sheets.  He was pretty excited.  We called it his "big boy" bed and he proudly told us that he wasn't a baby, he was a big boy.  When bedtime came, he wanted to play and joke around.  I had to tell him that he either went to bed or went to time out.  Well him picked time out a few times but each time, cried to be back in his bed!  And that was that.  He didn't try to get out of bed afterwards.  I called for me twice, but just wanted to be tucked into bed better.  He was asleep before his Tad stopped singing! He stayed asleep until 8:15 this morning!!

Rob and I were both worried that naps would end when we switched to the toddler bed, but todays nap was just as easy as last night.  He didn't try to get up out of bed once.  So excited for this new milestone!  (I think Caydin is just excited about a new place to jump off of!)

*************************************************
And now for pictures of Lowry Zoo!



No comments:

Post a Comment