Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

What a day....

So many times, I've told myself that I need to write down the funny things that Caydin does and I usually never do. 
But today, I am!

This morning, I made jelly bread for breakfast.  It's pretty simple... you know... bread with jelly on it. I don't even have to toast or butter it.  It's THAT SIMPLE! Anyways, I told Caydin I was making it, and he said, "Horray mommy.  Thank you mommy, thank you." in the sweetest little 2 year old voice I've ever heard. 
Jelly bread. Seriously?!?

I also took Caydin to his first Gymboree class today.  He was very shy and timid in this new environment and wanted me to help him with everything he did (at first).  This is sooooooo not my Caydin, so that was fun to see for the few minutes that it lasted!  It was also cute to hear him ask for Carter and Ava everytime he did something.  He asks for Carter and Ava daily.  He loves his buddies.

Watching stink (garbage) trucks on the computer has become a nightly thing.  He loves them.  We used to tell him he could watch it after bathtime.  But then he started asking for bathtime at like 2 pm.  Now he knows that the moon has to be in the sky before he can watch it.  He still asks for baths a lot though - HA.  He also has a thing for climbing in the bathtub and playing.  Well tonight, he was being very quiet but not wanting to disturb his independent play (HA again!) I left him alone.  Then he brings me a wet feather duster.  Not a good sign!  He told me he took a bath.  Not a good sign either! When he takes me into the bathroom, I see the wet floor leading from the toilet to the bathtub.  Definitely not a good sign! I asked him what happened and he told me "water pee-pee in bathtub" and pointed between the two! 

The poor kid wanted to take a bath so bad that he was trying to move the water from the toilet to the bathtub using a feather duster! LAUGH OUT LOUD!

But the story gets better! I clean everything up, then turn on the bath water so he can take a bath.  I turn around to call my mom to tell her the funny story of course, then turn back around to find my fully clothed child in the bathtub!  He took bathtime very serious tonight! He must of been so excited about watching stink trucks (actually tonight it was firetrucks).

I love that kid!




No comments:

Post a Comment