Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

"Mine Truck Boo"

Today, Caydin and I stopped at Barnes and Noble.  It may very well of been the first time Caydin has been in an actual bookstore (as much as I might like too - I can not call the book section in Target a "bookstore" - grin!) I take that back - I remember taking Caydin to B&N back when he was a stroller snoozing kind of kid. So its been awhile, a LONG while! Anyways, we headed inside and Caydin ooooh-ed and ahhhhh-ed over all the books.  He asked over and over "What's that?"  I quickly found the book I was looking for and decided to take Caydin over by the kid section since he hadn't fallen into tantrum mode yet.  Again, he ooooh-ed and ahhhh-ed and asked "What's that?" nearly 8000 times!

AND THEN.....

He found the vehicle section.  Oh my goodness, books were flying - "Re, re, re" he said even though he would only listen to a page before picking up another vehicle book to look at.  Another little boy came by to look at the vehicle books with wheels and Caydin proudly said "Mine" - (no worries, the other boy didn't care what Caydin said!)

THEN IT HAPPENED....

Caydin held one of the books up and said to me: "mine truck boo".  Not only did he put three words together to form a semi-sentence (I don't count him saying "I don't know" or "Here he is" as a semi-sentence because Caydin doesn't realize he is putting words together - that probably doesn't make any sense) but he also picked out his very first book! I am not at all surprised that the book is covered from front to back in trucks. 

He carried the book all the way to the cashier and handed it to the man who nicely said, "Hey little buddy, did you get a book?" to which Caydin responded "Wee." - hahaha! ( I bet you didn't know my kid was French!)

He did not lift his eyes off the pictures for even a minute while I walked around Target and then drove home - I don't even think he realized we parked in the driveway and I got out to get my camera - he was THAT INTO his new book!
And that, folks, was my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment