Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

1st Grade Update!

We are so so lucky to have a wonderful teacher for Caydin.  In my opinion, he wasn't very strong with his academic skills (reading and writing especially) going into 1st grade.  I even made the poor kid go to summer school.  Yeah yeah... It helped that I was working at summer school last year.
But still.
 
I should also mention that he passed Kindergarten with flying colors.  The teacher in me (not the mom) thought he was behind.
 
This year, he is doing so well in 1st grade.  He is reading.  He is writing independently.  He gets certificates for math each quarter.  He works hard in class and I never hear anything negative. In fact, I have to ask for things to work on with him. 
 
He might not like to do his work.  But he does it. He adores his teacher.  I adore her too.  He made it 100 school days before missing a day because of sickness.  He was SO disappointed that he had to miss a day.  He loves going to school each day and always comes home saying his day was GREAT! 
 
Recently he earned his 20 point tag for AR.  That means he has read (and tested on) over 40 books this school year.  Go Caydin!
 
Today, he competed in the school competition called "Better than a Bird".  His grandpa helped him make a beak that he used to collect yarn (worms) out of a bucket of fish gravel.  He beat all the other 1st graders to competed and got a medal! 
 
I am so proud of you Caydin!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment