Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

"Toof Fire" is coming!

About a month ago, we happened to be at the mall for Wyatt's art class when I looked in Caydin's mouth (not sure why I was looking in his mouth) and SAW his permanent tooth coming in behind his baby tooth.  I was shocked!
 
Then, like a dummy, I posted the "shark tooth" picture on Facebook and asked for advice.  NOTE TO SELF - never ask for advice on facebook.  I got all kinds of comments about kids who had to have their teeth pulled and comments about scheduling a dentist appointment right away.  TALK ABOUT FREAKING ME OUT! (Afterall - I HATE teeth!)
 
Soooo. I deleted the picture on Facebook.  I did a little research online.  Most said to get the baby tooth some time to come loose and all the dentist if it doesn't seem to be loosening up.  Soo we waited.  And sure enough, it a few days later, it was loose.
 
The past weekend, it got REALLY LOOSE (I'm not sure how loose it was.. since Caydin wouldn't let me close to it) but I knew it was close to coming out when Caydin told me "I think my tooth broke in two pieces!"  I'm pretty sure he could feel the permanent tooth and the wiggly tooth with his tongue and he thought it was broken!
 
That night, he ate some pieces of steak after dinner.  Before his bath, I asked to see his wiggly tooth and to both of our surprise - the tooth was gone! He must of swallowed it while eating dinner!
 
We ended the night by writing a letter to the tooth fairy (toof fire as Caydin spelled it!).
 


No comments:

Post a Comment