Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Pumpkin Patch






Our visit to the Pumpkin Patch.


Sooooooo, we were planning to head over for some pumpkins this past weekend but the church were the Pumpkin Patch is was having a Fall Festival and were decked out with amusement rides and ticket stands. I didn't feel like fighting through the crowds just to get a pumpkin. SoOO, we decided that yesterday {Tuesday} was THE DAY. We kept Caydin up from his afternoon nap and headed over there after I got home from work only to find that the Pumpkin Patch man was gone and the Patch had a sign that said "CLOSED."

There were a couple of college aged girls there taking photos so I figured... what the hay, I'll take Caydin's pictures now since he was dressed in his pumpkin tee and was somewhat happy. I felt bad breaking into the church Pumpkin Patch... but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do to get those photos!!!


So we took a couple pictures and left {making sure to close the gate after us}. The sign that said CLOSED had a name and number on it so one of the college gals called to see what time the guy would be back. He said 6 pm. We came home, put Caydin down for a short nap and planned to go back after nap time.

Fast forward to 6 pm. I woke Caydin up {that child will sleep forever if we let him} and got him ready to go again. We wanted to drive over to get some PUMPKINs since that the whole point of going {actually picture taking was the point, and the pumpkins were the bonus, hehe}.

Arrived back at the church at 6:30 pm only to find that the guy was STILL NOT THERE! What the hay???? Luckily, we had to go to Target for formula and diapers {I'm sure you needed to know that}. I am sooo thankful that I broke in and took pictures when I did because when we finally got back there, it was already dark!
So there you have it, our pumpkin patch story.

OH man, did I forget to mention that Caydin was totally NOT interested in the pumpkins... instead he was interested in the cars driving by on the road near the Pumpkin Patch. HEHE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment